SYSTEMS AND NETWORK SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
Centric Software is the innovative leader in delivering PLM solutions developed exclusively for retail, fashion, footwear, luxury and consumer goods.
Centric is focused exclusively on the product development requirements of retail, apparel, footwear, luxury goods and consumer goods companies. What does that mean? Intuitive, user friendly and completely web-based solutions. An easy-to-use, “single version of the truth” approach to line planning, global sourcing, calendar management, materials management, quality management, collection management, technical design and continuous improvement of retail execution, Industry-first PLM mobile apps to keep your product team connected whenever and where ever product inspiration, development and execution occurs.
This position must have a cheerful, outgoing demeanor and genuinely likes to help people solve their problems. An attitude of “no job is too small and no job is too bid”. Must be able to self-supervise longer term projects. Likes to work alone and as part of teams as required. Know when to reach out and ask for assistance as needed. Excellent communication skills are important, this position entails working with different departments (Client Services, Customer Support, and Customers), as well as our global IT team.
Responsibilities included (but not limited to):
- High degree of knowledge of networking, routing, firewalling, and VPNs, Especially Amazon AWS VPC, VPNs, and Security Groups
- Knowledge of creating IPSEC VPN vendors (Cisco, Checkpoint, you name it)
- Subnetting and CIDR calculations should be a subconscious skill
- Work with customers networking experts
- Ability to work with Amazon Cloudwatch to monitor and troubleshoot AWS services
- Able to create and configure Amazon EC2 and RDS instances as well as ELB
- Linux (various) Server Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Installation and configuration of Containers (DOCKER), Kubernetes, Etc
- Load-balancer Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Networking Switch Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Expert knowledge of VLANs, routing, basic network and OS troubleshooting vital
- VMWare ESXi 4 – 6.5 & vCenter Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Server Imaging Technology experience (Veeam)
- Storage Area Network Expertise (especially QNAP)
- Scripting Knowledge (Batch, vbscript, powershell, bash)
Other duties may include the following:
- Linus server deployment and management
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2016 Management
- Windows 7 & 10 installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Mac OS X installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- DCHP Server Management
- DNS Configuration Management
- Able to assist users to troubleshoot Outlook, Word, Excel issues
- Browser support (IE, FireFox, Chrome)
- Client & Network Printer Support & Maintenance
- Daily Status Checks of backups
- Triage IT Support Ticket system
- Remote User support (Remote Desktop and VPN)
- Remote User support (PC/Mac troubleshooting and coordination of service calls)
- Create/Maintain/Delete user access to various IT systems (AD. WebEx, JIRA, etc,)
- Organize and Document IT assets, equipment and processes
- Continuously review our Nagios IT Infrastructure Monitoring System
- BS in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years work experience.