Senior Payroll Analyst
That’s a cool job! I want it!
Centric Software, Inc. is hiring an experienced Sr. Payroll Analyst to support the payroll, accounting and HR teams. The Payroll Analyst will oversee and manage the payroll process of domestic and international employees, with another payroll specialist; provide payroll data to internal and external stakeholders, as needed. Perform audits and reconciliations of payroll data. Audit and sign-off on all semi-monthly and monthly payrolls, including international payroll providers.
This position requires strong attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and communicate key findings. We are looking for an exceptional team player who has a strong understanding of payroll, payroll compliance, payroll systems and strives to improve processes in collaboration with cross-functional team members to achieve scale.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Lead and own the global payroll strategy aligned with the organization’s needs.
- Act as System Administrator to update and maintain ADP Workforce Now and ADP Streamline payroll application.
- Ensure accurate, compliant and timely payroll processing for domestic and international locations.
- Record transactions in dedicated payroll bank account (payroll, benefits expense, FSA/HSA/Commuter transactions, 401K, stock exercises).
- Partner with third party payroll providers to provide strategic direction on business needs and issues related to payroll.
- Work closely with third party payroll providers to ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings are met. Ensure all local statutory payroll and fringe benefit reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and international tax and wage & hour laws, regulations or guidelines, including payroll tax registrations.
- Perform and review monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation/review of period-end accruals and monthly journal entries for all payroll and benefits, preparation/review of reconciliations of payroll accounts and preparation of month-end flux analysis for all payroll accounts.
- Drive special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades or implementations, including re-implementing international payroll
- Responsible for maintaining internal control policies, procedures and compliance with respect to the payroll process
- Providing excellent payroll support to all employees and cross-functional teams by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Recognizing opportunities and recommending scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy.
- Facilitate and perform regular payroll audits and prepare supporting schedules for external auditors.
Requirement: I’ve already got that!
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience with U.S. payroll in a multi-state environment and minimum 300 employee base
- Minimum 3+ years in global payroll experience as single point of contact for a minimum of 15 countries outside the U.S.
- Minimum 2+ experience in leading the end to end payroll process for a multinational organization
- Experience preparing and filing US Multi-state
- NetSuite and ADP payroll systems are strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and to work to very tight deadlines
- Effective problem solver with strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to function in a highly confidential environment
- Ability to effectively analyze large amounts of data and present key findings to leadership
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, tax, payroll, accounting and finance
Centric Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Centric Software does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.