Centric Software is seeking an experienced Revenue Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring our revenue is accurate as well as under the US GAAP rules. This team member will play an integral role on the Accounting Team by helping to review customer agreements and internal documents. This team member will also help in documenting the proper accounting treatments for complex and non-standard contract terms. If you enjoy working on new challenges, making processes more efficient, and like wielding your revenue accounting wisdom to solve problems and provide meaningful financial insights and reports, then you may be a great fit for our fun and action oriented Accounting Team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyze software and SaaS sales (order forms, master agreements, partner agreements, etc.) to ensure recognition is in accordance with US GAAP.
- Improve and implements controls and evaluates actions required for compliance with the company’s revenue recognition accounting process, including the bookings and billings process.
- Proactively reach out to various business units within the Company to ensure proper understanding of Centric Software’s deliverables and obligations to properly account for contract terms.
- Assist the Company with the adoption and implementation of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
- Work actively with our internal customers (Sales, IT, License, Operations, Legal, Product Development, Execs and others) to ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the company are identified, assessed for revenue recognition conclusions and handled appropriately by as efficient of processes as possible.
- Analyze subcontractor payments and verifies compliance with contractual terms, fee schedules, or other formal agreements.
- Participates in routine accounting close activities, preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and related fluctuation analysis of the company’s balance sheet and income statement that provides basis for external financial reporting.
- Process revenue transactions including order entry, invoicing and collection.
- Prepare year end audit schedules, interact and provide details for sample testing to external auditors.
- Lead and mentor team member
- Technical revenue recognition experience preferred: Software (ASC 985-605), Multiple Element/SaaS (ASC 605-25) and/or ASC
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Finance or Accounting with 5 years of experience, preferably in the software industry.
- Two plus years experience applying technical accounting guidance in reviewing customer contracts.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills with an enthusiasm for acquiring systems knowledge.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced high growth global organization.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in existing processes is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate assertively.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion.
- Comfortable working in a fast changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organizational groups and levels.